It’s a City in the Eastern Regional of Uganda. It’s also the main City, Commercial and Administrative center in Soroti District.
Within the city are the Headquarters of Soroti District Administration, Offices of Soroti Town Council 3.
EDUCATION AND PUBLIC FACILITIES:
- Soroti hosts the main Campus of Soroti University, a public institution of Higher Education located in the suburb of Arapai, it also hosts the Secondary Campuses of Kumi University and Kyambogo University, Soroti Secondary School being the largest day school in Soroti District.
- A branch of the National Social Security Fund.
- Soroti Regional Referral Hospital under the Ministry of Health.
- Lwala Soroti Hospital, administered by the Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau.
- Soroti Solar Power Station.
- Soroti Central Market.
- The Headquarters of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Soroti.
- The Soroti Fruit Processing Factory, a joint venture between the Uganda Development Corporation and Teso Tropical Fruit Growers Cooperative Union.
- The Soroti Rock, a Volcanic Rock Formation.
- The Soroti Flying School, East African Civil Aviation Academy, there is also a Soroti Airport.
- Hotels in Soroti, such as Landmark Hotel, Soroti Hotel, Akello Hotel and a number of Guest Houses.
Soroti has a number of financial institutions like Absa Bank, Centenary Bank, DFCU Bank, Post Bank, Stanbic Bank, Finance Trust etc.