Mbale is a city in the Eastern Regional of Uganda. It’s the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Mbale District. It lies at the western foot of the extinct volcano Mountain Elgon.
Mbale `s central location makes it attractive, competitive and a commercial hub in the region.
- Mount Elgon National Park and its Trekking experience.
- Wanale Hill experience
- Sipi Falls `s beautiful scenery
- Sisiyi Falls view
- Nyero Rock Painting experience
- Witnessing the Traditional Male Imbalu Circumcision.
- Bududa Bull Fighting.
ADMINISTRATION AND EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES:
- The district headquarters are located in Mbale City and the administrative offices.
- The Islamic University in Uganda established in 1988.
- Mbale Campus of the Uganda Christian University established in 2003.
- Livingstone International University established in 2012.
- Campus of the Uganda Martyrs University established in 2009.
The primary economic activity in Mbale City is agriculture and some of the main crops grown are coffee, beans, matooke, maize, onions, carrots and sweet potatoes. While the main language spoken is Lugishu also known as Masaba language.
HEALTH AND PUBLIC FACILITIES:
- Mbale Regional Referral Hospital.
- CURE International Children `s Hospital of Uganda.
- Mbale Municipal Stadium
- Mbale Central Market.
FINANCIAL AND MILITARY INSTITUTIONS:
There are a number of Banks in Mbale City, Absa Bank Limited, DFCU Bank, Equity, Mbale Currency Center, Diamond Trust, Housing Finance. etc.
The Headquarter of the 3rd Division of the Uganda People`s Defense Force.