Lira is a City in the Northern Region of Uganda. It’s the main municipal, Administrative and Commercial Center of Lira District.
ENERGY AND TRANSPORT:
- An 80 Kilometre,132 Kilovolt electricity line from the Karuma Power Station is under construction.
- There is a Railway Station of the Uganda Railway Network.
- There is a Public Civilian Airport, Lira Airport, administered by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Offices of Lira Municipal Council.
- Ngetta Rock.
- Lira Main Market.
- Lira University, a Public University in Uganda.
- Lira Campus of the Uganda Martyrs University, main campus in Nkozi, Wakiso District.
- All Saints University, affiliated by Church of Uganda.
Branch of National Social Security Fund.