Hoima is a City found in the Western Region of Uganda. It’s the main Municipal, Administrative and Commercial center of Hoima district. That’s where the Palace of the Omukama of Bunyoro dwells.
- Oil deposits were found in Lake Albert and the shores of the Lake in Hoima District and the neighboring Buliisa District. The Oil deposits were estimated between 2.5 billion to 3.5 billion barrels. An Oil Pipe line has been planned to evacuate the oil through the Uganda -Tanzania crude oil pipe line to the Indian Ocean Port of Tanga. The Oil Deposits have increased the economy by building new infrastructure to handle the new businesses and residents.
- The Hoima International Airport is under construction and the project is expected to produce employments opportunity for over 1000 people.
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Hoima Sugar Limited, The Headquarters of the District Administration are in the City, Offices of Hoima City Council are based there.
- The Branch of the National Security Fund is in the city center.
- Hoima Regional Referral Hospital.
- Roman Bwendero Sugar Factory, Oil Refinery.
- Buseruka Power Station.
- Nkusi Power Station.
- Nzizi Power Station.
- Albertine Graben Refinery Consortium.
- Muzizi Hydroelectric Power Station.
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Hoima.
- Lake Albert
- Omukama Hoima Palace, Mparo Tombs.
Absa Bank, Centenary Bank, FINCA Uganda Limited, Equity Bank, DFCU Bank, Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited, Opportunity Bank, etc.